Saturday, January 22, 2011

Do You Like My Feathers?

I've always enjoyed the imagery of a phoenix.  The mythology of it.  It's a tale of hope really.  Yes, also of reinvention.  Of renewal.  It gives itself a rebirth.

Life in many ways is like a phoenix; however, when our final time comes, we don't eternally regenerate.  Too deep for a food blog readers?  Too unrelated?

Perhaps, but I need to explain my time away from the eating/writing combo that I love so much.  You see, I've been in a bit of an "ashes" state with my body and my health.  Again.  However, I am hopeful.  I am ready to regenerate now, and I'm using every ounce of my strength to do so.  I am determined to fight for a rebirth of sorts.  I am ready to become myself again.  Whether medical science can help me with this or not, is still unclear.  And to explain everything would be too complicated.  Oh no dear reader, I'm not dying or anything!  But I am dealing with something chronic, and it's still a mystery to me.

And so I welcome you back to my blog.  It's a new year, and I'm hopeful I can take flight this year.  What have you got planned?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was wondering when you were going to post again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I have a chronic medical condition as well, and my body continues to eliminate foods and develop allergies. Hang in there - hopefully you can figure out what's wrong!

    ReplyDelete